Andrea Bocelli at Key Arena, Seattle

For my birthday this year I wished for something memorable... something unique that I remember for the rest of my life.

Memorable it was - An Andrea Bocelli concert! It was no doubt the best orcestra and vocal performances I have witnessed live! Just outstanding! What a voice!

The tickets were very pricey... Well above that for average concerts. As a result there were still tickets available day-of on Ticketmaster. I gambled, hoping for the luck of the birthday. I showed up at the start of the concert ticketless. I lucked out getting tickets at a third of the face value from scalpers, with a bit of bargaining. Here's one for me vs the scalpers :)

Seattle is a unique concert destinations. Usually tours start or end in Seattle. In the start of the tours the performers are fresh and rearing to go. At the end of the tour, they are ready for one last hurrah and give it their all. It ends up being filled with passion in both cases. Today it was the start of the tour.

All performances were spectacular. Yet, I was over the moon when he performed my favorite piece from my all time favorite movie - "Nelle Tue Mani (Now we are free)"  from Gladiator!





 

Comments

Popular Posts